Tuesday, November 9, 2010

According to Forrest, I have been saying for about 5 years now that "This is the last time we would be able to spend time together for a LOOONG time!" Well, it always feels that way!!! Ever since Garrett went into high school it's felt like the beginning of the end to all of our "Allen Family Fun"! I know it isn't the end....but why not treat every opportunity like it might be. Why not treasure every moment as if it's possible to be the last, when in fact, it could be. Every time I am with my children I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to be a mother. I always thought about the HOT GUY I would marry. I was never one of those doll playin' girls. I wanted Barbies, who could have romance! Well, I got the HOT GUY, but I got so much more than that! I got a family. I got 5 beautiful children who love me and teach me about life. Who surprise me with their goodness and mercy everyday. They are extremely patient with me, as a mom, who never thought much about being a mom. They are wonderful, funny and make life so much more interesting than if it had really just been me and my HOT GUY! (Which he is, of course!) What can I say, I am blessed, and I thank God every day for giving me such a privilege!

No comments:

Post a Comment